An exciting position has become available for a full-time Skilled Universal Grinder to join our friendly team based in Southampton. The successful candidate will earn a competitive salary dependent on experience.
The appointed candidate must be conversant with setting and operating manual Cylindrical, Surface and Centreless Grinding machines, along with Sunnen and Delapena Honing machines. You will be required to work to very close tolerances, match grinding, internal and external grinding, in a Temperature controlled bespoke Grinding section in our brand-new facility.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must be Apprentice Trained or time served
- Must be from an Aerospace background
- Conversant with Setting and operating manual Cylindrical, Surface and Centreless Grinding machines
- Honing would also be a great advantage
- The ability to work from technical/engineering drawings
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Reliable and punctual
- Eligible to work in the UK
Williams Engineering (Southampton) have been at the cutting-edge of engineering since 1960. We manufacture precision machined components for the most discerning customers for use in the most extreme environments. We are proud to supply the Aerospace, Nuclear, Medical, Formula 1 & Performance Sports Car, and Commercial markets.
Why join us
- Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Excellent working environment
- To join a fantastic company
- To become part of a great team
- To showcase your knowledge and skill set
If you feel you are the Ideal Candidate APPLY today!